敏捷 is now making waves in the sea of other methodologies and paradigms. Practitioners at the enterprise level are taking note of the new kid with the new shiny toy on the block. And the sharks are circling the waters.
We ran in to this situation at several of our client’s environments. The SDLC processes were so much entrenched that the 敏捷 approach seem to be very radical to those practitioners, so some of the leaders got together and came up with an approach that seem to be less threatening to those paradigms.
- Get an agreement on how the existing SDLC and 敏捷 methods will work together. Handoffs and managing the dependencies is crucial.
Outline of before and after an 敏捷 framework is deployed.
- Provides an overview of what to expect for the teams that are thinking of using an 敏捷 approach.
- Summarize the differences between the existing SDLC practices and 敏捷 framework.
Bring the existing SDLC and 敏捷 methods under one umbrella.
- Offer as a one stop shop for the practitioners so they can choose to go SDLC or take an 敏捷 approach.
- Have a combined launch of the latest SDLC version and the 敏捷 framework.
Implement ability to push 敏捷 metrics onto program management dashboards.
- 敏捷 metrics should be able stand on their own but provide enough visibility that leadership looks for in their conventional metrics.
Have an executive sponsor who can serve as Champion for the new 敏捷 framework.
- Provides air cover for the adoption of the new 敏捷 framework.
The above areas are minimum needed to make adoption of 敏捷 feasible in enterprise environments with an existing SDLC process. Some combination or extension of the above steps will have to be made to suit specific enterprise situations.